Thursday, June 11, 2009

Flight to Alabama and Michael's Photo Shoot

Today I was going to fly to Alabama to go see Jonathon for the weekend. (He is there on training for the AF). When I got to the airport, we noticed that the flight was canceled, so I am rescheduled to leave tomorrow. It turns out that it was a real blessing in disguise, though, because Jonathon has his major test tomorrow and all Michael and I would be are a distraction. So, now we can just see him when he is done with the test. It really could have been a lot worse--many people aren't getting flights out until Sat or Sun. Also, my ride hadn't left yet, so I wasn't stranded at the airport. What's more, I was still in Utah instead of being stranded with a 6 week old baby overnight at some random airport in another state. I find there is a lot to be thankful for.

Michael is such a great baby. At the airport, basically the entire time, he was patient and just slept even though it had been almost 8 hours since I had fed him. I was planning on feeding him when my bags were checked and I'd gone through security. I figured it was good to do while I was waiting for boarding; plus it would help him be happy for the entire 4 hour flight. Unfortunately, I ended up standing in line for that whole time instead. I am so blessed with such a great baby.

Speaking of great kid, we had some pictures done yesterday. He was magnificently patient for the whole thing, even though we were outside in the cold. I am hoping to post some of those pictures as soon as I look at them. Meanwhile, they are posted on this blog: www.adashoflovephotography.blogspot.com which is the blog of the wonderful photographer who took the pictures (Vanessa Brammer). You may have to scroll down a bit because she has posted some other pictures she has taken, but hopefully you can recognize him when you see him. His story is called "loveable".

3 comments:

Ryan, Cassie and Crew said...

I am so sorry about everything and so grateful that things are working out. The pictures are absolutely beautiful! (Easier to do when you have such a cute baby to work with.)

CK Morgan said...

oh, i am so glad you get to visit Jonathan. How nice that everything worked out well even if it wasn't what you had planned. I'm going to go look at those pictures now!

Mrs. Boojwa said...

Very cute pics of Michael :) How is the visit in Alabama? I won't get one for a few weeks, but I won't really get to stay in 'bama, we're going to FL for the 4th :-D