Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Michael is crawling
It's official, Michael can now crawl all over. This has proved to be the best tool in baby proofing the house: he finds everything, and I take it away. Talk about some major adjustments. Now, I've always thought of myself as a pretty clean kept person, but I am finding things out about my house that I never new. For example, when Michael first discovered the kitchen a few days ago, I didn't think it would be a problem to let him just explore the tile while I made dinner. At least, I didn't think it would be a problem until I noticed all the things he found on the floor. In fact, even after taking away all the big things I didn't want him into, he still had some dirt and other odd stuff that stuck to the palms of his hands. I guess I didn't realize how dirty the floor was until he was crawling on it. I promptly moved him to center of the other room with all his toys and swept. But, just in case, in order to keep him from coming back into the kitchen to my sweep pile, I put some laundry baskets blocking the kitchen entry (as we do not have a baby gate just yet). Next thing I know, he is playing with the socks I had just folded. Talk about little Mr. Underfoot. Well, I couldn't think anything but how cute it was, so I took a picture. He looks pretty pleased with himself. As for now on, I will be a little more keen as to how clean the floor is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
He has so much hair! I love it! Crawling really is a baby proofing wake-up.
That's funny. :) Andrea keeps saying how it gets more difficult when they become mobile. :) Hope you can get the baby-proofing done soon!
I pulled a dead fly out of Porter's mouth yesterday. I guess I should sweep before putting him on the floor too! Cute picture of Michael with the laundry - kids are always want to help!
He looks so pleased with himself! (I just want to kiss him all over his face!) What's really discouraging with crawling is when their hands and knees get all dirty. Then you realize how "unclean" your floors really are! :-)
i just found out you have a blog!! wow, when you guys first moved here michael was SO tiny. i can't believe he's already crawling. such fun times!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/19/the-baby-mop-japans-gift_n_168179.html
Christmas List? :D
Love the pix Mary Ann! We got your pix from your mom for the calendar and Zoe saw them the other day. She says she remembers you which is so completely amazing...it made me sooo happy!! hope you're all doing well! P.S. Michael always looked like Jonathon to me until this picture and I can see some Baird in him now...yay!!
Gretch and I have already started to child-proof our house. Her visiting teacher came by one day with her kids, and we quickly discovered that many items were not actually out of reach.
Not that you can ever fully child-proof, but I think any effort is better than no effort.
By the way, I expect to see our blog on your blog list now! :-)
Very creative! He is such a cutie
Post a Comment