Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

We were lucky to host Thanksgiving at our home this year. Jonathon's parents joined us, and we were pretty excited. I was pleasantly surprised with how much easier it was for me to be the host. In fact, I didn't even spend all day cooking like I thought I would. I looked at the clock all morning as we were enjoying each other's company and it wasn't until about 10 am that we even started doing anything. As it was, we still ate around 4, so it wasn't too bad. Thank heavens for frozen rolls, and a thawed turkey.

This is me and my sweet honey!

Mom and I spent some quality time in the kitchen and occasionally enlisted Jonathon's help.
Meanwhile, Grandpa kept Michael busy in the other room. It was nice to not have Little Mr. Underfoot underfoot.
Finally we all sat down to dinner. We had to quick pose for a picture taken with a timer on the camera while it balanced on the countertop.
It was a very pleasant meal.

1 comment:

Margie B said...

I love these pictures because I get to see more of your lovely house. Looks like a yummy Thanksgiving dinner!