Benjamin slept fine during our game, but as soon as lights were out, he was up and hungry. Then Michael woke up and was throwing a fit for about 25 min because of some sort of nightmare where I ate something of his. He just kept crying and pointing to my mouth asking for it back. Made for one confused mommy. Finally we got him to calm down (around 4:30) by giving him a granola bar (maybe that's what I had eaten in his dream--who knows) but then he was pretty awake. Not cool. At around 6:00 he fell asleep and 30 minutes later Jonathon dragged himself out of bed to get ready for work! Good luck honey! So, it turns out that we got about 4 hours of sleep last night-in really small increments. UGH.
This morning for me has followed suit. After one huge diaper blowout, two plates of sticky pancakes splattered across the floor, and some all to eager help from two big-boy sticky hands as I try to help Benjamin nurse in all the frenzy, I find myself sitting in a slump and wondering what I have got myself into. I'm sure things get better because I have heard of people choosing to have a third child... ON PURPOSE! But then I look at my kids and I know that having children was the best choice I have made. I am so happy to have my sweet boys in my life.
6 comments:
It gets easier I promise. For me it was always about the time the baby started sleeping 6 hrs. and then even better when they start sleeping 8+. I think it all boils down to energy levels. Then in a few months/years they start entertaining each other and having 2 begins to be easier than having 1. Hang in there. You are doing great. And your mom is on her way.
HI Mary Ann!
Congratulations on your new baby boy!! Yay! You have a very good attitude about being a mom. Good for you! It is great and rewarding although extremely difficult. =) Your cute kids are very lucky to have you and Jonathan as parents!
cute cute picture! You'll get the hang of it! I remember when I was finally alone with the two kids when Clark went tdy for two months last fall...I thought I was going to go crazy and now here I am pregnant with our third. :). Can't wait to see more pictures. And hey, i'm impressed you even got pancakes on the table after a night like that.
Hang in there! I'm on my way! :-)
LOL about Michael's dream. Seriously, sometimes I wake up not realizing what is real and what is fake. Every now and then, I have a dream that Ty was flirting with some other woman and I wake up wanting to punch him. It is a good thing that I realize he didn't really do anything, and that his sound sleeping probably means he is dreaming crazy dreams too :P I can't imagine how confusing it was for Michael!
Hey we made the Blog!!! We miss you guys too. The game nights, and the water park weekends. Dayton just isn't the same. Congrats on the new little guy!
Post a Comment