Saturday, July 25, 2009

Rainy Summer Days

It has be raining off and on for this entire week. It seems strange that it would rain this much, but after asking Jonathon, I learned that this is normal for the Midwest. I didn't expect this much rain in the summer, especially since in Utah, there will be weeks and weeks of blistering 100 degree weather. I love living in the Midwest. In back of our house there is a large field area that also serves as a runoff catch. So last night, when we woke up in the middle of the night because of the rolling thunder and splashing rain, a lake formed in the field. It was amazing how fast it grew. But even more amazing was how fast it disappeared. Only hours after the rain slowed, the lake was gone.

1 comment:

CK Morgan said...

lucky! I miss the rain so much...and I miss you and that cute boy of yours. I love your new table in the other post too. Hope you are enjoying getting settled in.